Fatface Assistant Manager
Fatface Assistant Manager
Role: Assistant Store Manager
Job type: Permanent, Full-Time (40 hours)
Looking for the next adventure? Named in The Sunday Times 2023 Best Places to Work now is a great time to join our journey and build your career.
For over 30 years, we’ve travelled, we’ve laughed, we’ve grown. We believe life is for living and more fun with those we love. Our purpose is to bring style and positivity to our customers lives through the clothes we make, the things we do and the values we have.
We are Made for Life. Considered style. Trusted quality. Sustainably sourced. Proud to be a B Corp TM.
Equality and inclusion isn’t an aspiration but the standard. We promote and drive equality within our workforce to ignite an inclusive foundation for us all to build from and truly connect with our customers, colleagues, and communities alike. You play a key part in creating an environment free from prejudice, racism, sexism, harassment, bullying and any other form of marginalisation in our workplaces.
About the Role
Putting the customer at the heart of everything that you do, you will support the Store Manager in commercially managing your store to maximise profitability through the retail plan; driving sales, managing costs, and delivering our brand through the visual proposition. Creating a fun and inspiring atmosphere in line with our brand and culture, you must support the development of the team, whilst ensuring the highest standards are maintained throughout the store according to company guidelines.
- Leading by example and demonstrating exceptional standards of behaviour ensuring the integrity of the brand is maintained at all times
- Drive and role model customer service standards to exceed customer expectations
- Training, coaching and developing your team supporting the completion of appraisals and performance reviews for all Crew
- Proactive analysis of available financial data, retail and company strategy, use of local/industry knowledge and commercial creativity to maximise sales opportunities and support in making commercial decisions to drive store performance and exceed KPI targets
- To ensure that the store is working to budget through effective scheduling, cost controls and crew productivity
- To use effective planning and organisational skills to successfully implement the retail plan
- Communicating and liaising with Head Office to influence and maximise the stock package where appropriate
- To ensure correct procedures are adhered to in a professional manner for your Crew and store including cash and stock, health and safety, office, security of premises, key holders and loss prevention (NB, this list is not exhaustive)
- To oversee and execute the FatFace visual proposition to company standards including leading sale / new season launches and floor moves
- To abide by all FatFace policies and procedures and comply with legal obligations including safety requirements
- Ensure GDPR procedures are adhered to at all times to maintain confidentiality
- In the absence of the Store Manager, take on holding responsibilities that ensure the continued success of your store in sales, standards and Crew development.
- To deliver excellent customer service standards focussing on customer needs and satisfaction
- Align self to companies social and environmental mission and champion any actions that you can directly impact at all times’
- Proactively offer alternative ways for customers to buy across all of our channels
- Ensure all crew are equipped with product training and are aware of our multichannel proposition
- Championing the FatFace vision and values in store to keep the customer at the heart of all decision making
- Proactively provide crew with learning, development and coaching opportunities to aid in achieving high performing teams that reach their full potential
- Use of local knowledge and creativity to maximise sales opportunities that are unique to your market
- Ensure that the store is working to budget through effective scheduling, cost controls and Crew productivity
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Perkbox our online platform to use from day one (this includes amazing online discounts, home workouts, wellbeing content, popular brand discounts e.c.t)
- THRIVE – Our learning management system- access from day one with 1000’s of pieces of learning
- Dental Insurance (employee funded)
- Pension scheme* EAP support around the clock- UNUM/Retail Trust/ Fashion Textiles Support
- Critical illness/Death in service for Salaried staff
- Sick pay allowances
- O2 phone discount
- Eye Tests/contributions to glasses (qualifying roles only)
- Sabbatical leave in line with service
- Enhanced Family Friendly polices i.e. Maternity Leave
- Refer a friend scheme
If this sounds like the opportunity for you then apply here.