Seasonal Brand Ambassador
Application Deadline: 26 September 2023
Employment Type: Contract / Temp
Compensation: £10.90 / hour
We are building a brand that represents the people of the world. It’s what you do that counts, and we are always looking to expand perspectives and voices to shape our future. We see you, we celebrate you, we want you!
You might know us as the inventors of the bath bomb, but there’s more to this great-smelling, partly employee-owned, family-run company than pioneering cosmetics.
We believe our business should put more back into the world than it takes and demonstrate that capitalism can be a force for good.
The Living Wage Foundation’s statement ‘a hard day’s work deserves a fair day’s pay’ is one that we are proud to commit to in the UK. As an accredited Living Wage employer, we put our people first and fight cruel practices like animal testing, promote regeneration, and show that it is what’s inside that counts – whether that’s an ingredient in a product, or the minerals in a smartphone.
Brand Ambassadors work at the forefront of our business & provide 5-star customer service during our busiest time of year. We need you to be passionate, motivated and enthusiastic about showcasing our beautiful products. You need to be an excellent team player who is ready to receive and give feedback to all members of the team to build on our skills.
You’ll ask insightful questions to uncover the right products for each customer and showcase them through engaging product demonstrations. Support their buying decisions by asking questions to confirm interest and secure sales. Give shop tours through intelligent link sales and create bespoke routines.
With in-depth training on our products and ingredients, you will be a Lush Ambassador representing our ethics and values to our customers, and play a crucial part in creating the ultimate experience for our guests, and offering the best customer service on the high street, at our busiest time of the year.
- Providing 5-star customer experience consistently, going above and beyond for our customers to be a day maker
- You will be a Lush Ambassador, championing our ethics and values during consultations
- Operating our till systems – you will be cash-handling trained • Stocking products on the shop floor, ensuring our products are clean and inviting to customers
- Engage with customers through active listening to understand and establish their needs, recommend products, and provide relevant information and demonstrations.
- Providing sit-down consultations and bespoke routines to fulfil the customers’ needs, including hand and arm massages
- Being adaptable and solutions-focused, as no two days in retail are the same!
Customer Service: A genuine passion for delivering exceptional customer service and understanding customer needs
Teamwork: Capable of collaborating with team members to achieve store goals, and maintaining a positive and supportive work environment.
Communication: Strong verbal communication skills to engage customers, actively listen to their needs, and provide relevant product information.
Adaptability: Ability to adapt to changing circumstances, handle challenging situations, and work effectively under pressure.
Problem-solving: Skill in identifying and resolving customer issues or complaints, finding appropriate solutions, and ensuring customer satisfaction.
Organisation: Aptitude for maintaining an organized store environment, managing inventory, and creating visually appealing product displays.
Nice to have but training will be provided:
Ethical and Sustainable Mindset: Understanding and alignment with Lush’s commitment to ethical sourcing, sustainability, and cruelty-free practices.
Sales and Product Knowledge: Ability to promote and sell products effectively, demonstrate product features, and provide accurate information to customers.
- Holiday allowance
- 50% discount on Lush products and spa treatments
- Profit-based bonus
- Complimentary spa treatment*
- Pension scheme
- Paid day off for your birthday
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounted rail and bus season tickets
- Employee assistance programme
- 6 months’ full pay for parental leave (primary caregiver)*
- Financial childcare support on return to work*
- Flexible working
- qualifying period & hours required