Location: HMV Eastbourne
Job Listing: Supervisor
Salary: Competitive Salary
Send applications to: Glassdoor/ Indeed / Breakroom or Adzuna
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Part-time hours: 18 per week
• Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
• Eastbourne: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
• Retail management: 1 year (required)
• United Kingdom (required)
• Work Location: In person
HMV is the UK’s leading specialist retailer of music, film, pop culture and technology products. With over 100 stores around the country, our heritage is synonymous with the development of British popular music and culture. We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Supervisor to join the team in HMV Eastbourne.
We are seeking an experienced, tenacious, forward-thinking individual with a passion for our products and a steely drive to succeed in making HMV Eastbourne an ongoing success. So, whether music and film are your passion or if you find yourself spending time at Comic Cons or posting your latest purchase over social media, this could just be the next role for you. Please note that successful applicants will be required to provide evidence of eligibility to work in the UK.
What’s in it for you?
• Career progression opportunities
• Staff discount on the fantastic stuff we sell
• Fantastic working environment with teams of likeminded people
• We are an equal opportunities employer and are committed to diversity and inclusion.
As Supervisor, you will have responsibility for:
• Maximising the performance of your team by recognising talent, coaching, and empowering them to reach their full potential and to facilitate succession planning as appropriate.
• Delivering sales and commercial success by demonstrating great merchandising skills to enable a vibrant and exciting image in the store.
• Helping to maintain the store as the Centre of local film, music and pop culture communities through world class customer service and the maintenance of a vibrant and creative events calendar.
• Using your innovative social media skills to help drive footfall to your store and be at the forefront of helping to identify new trends in our market
• As Supervisor, you will deputies for the Store Manager in their absence. Experience of keyholding and managing a team is required for this role.